BIG PRICE REDUCTION and one of the best waterfront locations in HOMER! This spectacular WATERFRONT home is currently one of Homer's most established bed and breakfast inns yet it can easily become your family home. In town, totally updated, well appointed and thoughtfully designed plus it includes a fully self contained 2 bedroom apt and a studio unit in the second building. Don't miss out on thisYou could not ask for a better setting-in town, close to the airport, summer Farmers' Market, and walking distance to restaurants, shopping, breweries, etc. The waterfront setting is unparalleled, with a small estuary that protects the well vegetated bluff and the Sellers have created a private trail to the estuary and beach. Sandhill cranes love this as a nesting area and you can watch Kachemak Bay wildlife and activities all day long... This property could so easily and reasonably be remodeled into a comfortable single family home by transforming the four contiguous, waterfront guest rooms upstairs into a huge master suite. There would still be a large guest bedroom, with private bath upstairs, a third large bedroom/private bath on the main level. Plus you could then create studio, office, library etc., in the two smaller guest rooms off the great room on the main level. The Main house was completely rebuilt after a fire in 2011, so all of the electrical and plumbing, plus finishes are all up to date. There is ample room for you and guests with large comfortable spaces-Main house SF 3264, apt 880 SF and small studio 352 SF.
Schedule a Tour
- MLS® # 19-4843
- Price $749,500
- Bedrooms 10
- Bathrooms 10.50
- Square Footage 3,264
- Acres 1.18
- Year Built 1991
- Type Residential
- Sub-Type Single Family Res, B & B in Operation
- Style Two-Story Tradtnl
- Status Active
- # of Garages 2
- Annual Tax Amount $6,991
- Tax Year 2016
- Features Cable TV, Covenant/Restriction, Deck/Patio, DSL/Cable Available, Fire Service Area, Garage Door Opener, In City Limits, Landscaping, Lot-Bluff, Mother-in-Law Apt, Private Yard, Road Service Area, RV Parking, Shed, View, Waterfront, Waterfront Access
- Garages Detached
- View Bay, Glacier, Mountains, Spit, Unobstructed, Wetlands
- Is Waterfront Yes
- Waterfront Bay
- Interior Features Air Exchanger, Basement, BR/BA on Main Level, Carpet, Ceiling Fan(s), Central Vac, CO Detector(s), Den &/Or Office, Dishwasher, Disposal, Double Ovens, Electric, Freezer-Stand Alone, Hardwood Flooring, Range/Oven, Refrigerator, Smoke Detector(s), Telephone, Vaulted Ceiling, Washer &/Or Dryer, Washr&/Or Dryer Hkup, Wet Bar, Window Coverings, Wood Stove
- Heating Baseboard, In-Floor Heat, Radiant
- Has Basement Yes
- Exterior Wood
- Roof Metal
- Construction Wood Frame - 2x6
- Foundation Concrete Block, Quad-Lock
- Date Listed April 4th, 2019
- Days on Market 145
- Zoning RR - Rural Residential
- HOA Fees 0.00
- Listing Office: Homer Real Estate
- $/SqFt $230
Price & Status History
|Price Reduced from $795,000 to $749,500|
Moderate Residential Turnover, Coastal Area
# of Homes SoldWithin the Last Year
Avg. Highs -
Avg. Lows -
PopulationBased on Nearest ZIP Code
DISCLAIMER: The listing content relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the AK MLS IDX of Alaska Multiple Listing Service, Inc. (AK MLS). Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than eXp Realty, LLC are marked with either the listing brokerage's logo or the AK MLS IDX logo and information about them includes the name of the listing brokerage.
All information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified for accuracy.
Listing information is updated every fifteen minutes.
Copyright 2019 Alaska Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on August 25th, 2019 at 12:49pm AKDT.
Need to sell your home to buy this one?
Find out how much it will sell for today!